Sunday, April 5, 2015

Instagram: Week 1 April












Hello Lovelies,
How was your week? Mine was kind of great and bad at the same time. I've been trying to sell my couch on Craiglist and let me tell you something: "there are a lot of weirdos out there!". 

First of all, you have the conmen and then the sexual diseased people, and I've been contacted by both of these type of people over the past couple of day. 

Buyer 1 started by asking me if I still had the couch and then he said he was gonna send me a money order (while I emphasized on the ad I wasn't taking money orders). The next day he told me: I just noticed you were overpaid with the money order, once you receive it, can you deduct your money and send back the balance through Western Union?" and he had the nerve to even add this: "Can I trust you with this?" I mean what type of low a** (lord help me with this) type of human is this!

Buyer 2: "Hi, I'm interested in the couch you are selling and I would like to come and check it now. I have the money with me, don't worry. Can I have your address?"
Me: "Oh ok....but I am not available right now because I am at work and I only get off around 5:30p. We can schedule a meeting around that time" (but for some reasons I was feeling it, from the moment I picked up the call to the moment I hung up, my heart was beating fast)
Buyer 2: [deep voice] "Alright, I am going to look for a ride and as soon as you get out of work, give me a call and I'll come over. What's your address beautiful? You know you have a beautiful voice sweetie!"
Me: "Oh Thank you. I live on Oxford Rd and it's hard to find the place when using the GPS (I was lying obviously) so I direct you later when you get on Oxford Rd."
     4 Hours later, he called again...
Buyer 2: " hello, it's me again, talk to me babe, are you home?"
Me: [with my deepest voice] "Who is this?" 
Buyer 2: [clears his throat] "Sorry about that I was talking to someone else (My Butt! He was definitely talking directly to me). I called earlier for the couch and I want to say again that I have money."
Me: "Yeah"
Buyer 2: "Are you out of work now?"
Me: "Yes I am and I'm driving home. However, I will need more time as I work 45 mins away from home."
Buyer 2:"DiD anyone ever told you you have a very nice voice? I'm hypnotized...keep talking to me"
         [long silence]
Buyer 2: "Sorry if I scared you. I'm a very nice man, who's only interested in the couch. I'm not one of those sex offenders that live in this area..."
Me:      [Big Silence]
Buyer 2: "You just sound like my girlfriend who passed away few months earlier and you remind me of her. She had an accent just like yours."
Me: "I'm sorry about that"
Buyer 2: "No it's alright, I Hope I didn't scare you because I am very interested in your sofa."
Me: "Alright Sir, I'll be home in exactly 50 mins from now. Once you get on Oxford Rd, let me know and I'll give you more directions."
Buyer: "Great. Thanks for giving an opportunity to come take a look at what's about to become the biggest love of my life.....[silence]......I mean the couch. I already love it from the pictures."
Me: "Bye bye now"
At this point I was thinking about calling 2-3 of my male friends to come over and Wait for this weirdo. 2 of Friends accepted to come over.
      4 hours later, he called again...
Buyer 2: "I bet it's too late to come over now [laugh alone]. I bet you are already sleeping."
Me: [silence]
Buyer 2: "Will you be available tomorrow at 10? 
Me: Yes
Buyer 2: "ok so I will call you tomorrow at 9:30."
Me: "Alright then". 

Read my next post on Tuesday to know what happened and how I got a confirmation that he was an old pervert. 


Thanks for the love :)
Follow me on Instagram ( @fifinyiri ) for more of me.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Sorry about your grief! Someone was Murdered by a creep from that site! *cold shivers* Glad they made themselves so obvious!

Don't feel alone Jessy I was talking to a girlfriend telling her I felt like a magnet to Crazy people and she did too! *sarcastic laugh*

Will tune in since I know you're a Smart girl and still around it must end well! *fingers crossed*

Be Well and Have a Tremendous Day! :)
Hey did you just April fool me??? :)Rather that than have creeps chasing you around! o.O

Unknown said...

Cheri, I swear I didn't April fooled you. It really happened but thank goodness I've learned to read people and take time to listen well before I start saying anything. Also, we should learn to listen to our first intuition, if something isn't right, you have to stop everything and go with your intuition. I do believe humans have a 6th sense that we tend to mute whenever we feel like it.